Working for seniors to bring seniors together in one strong, non-partisan, non-racial, non-sectarian organization that will work for the welfare of all seniors in Saskatchewan. It is the sincere wish that all seniors in Canada might become united into one strong voice for the betterment of all.
Our primary goals and objectives
- Publicity and promotions.
- To provide an organized forum for all seniors.
- Housing and transportation resolutions.
- Offer leadership in programs and activities.
- Work with all levels of government to benefit seniors.
- Co-operate with organizations across Canada.
- Involved in discussions for Universal Medicare.
- Improved Pensions.
- Continuation of spouses allowance in the event of a death.
- Home care.
- Persuading government to establish district home care boards.
- Improvements to housing that is affordable and suitable.
- Foot program.
- Wellness health programs.
- Restore fully taxable income to fully account for inflation.
- Defeating multilateral agreement on investments.
- Affordable rates for room and board in Saskatchewan nursing homes.
- Promoting the twinning of more highways.
- Hold on raising rates on special care.
- Housing and reducing the education tax.
Your input is Crucial! Survey to be completed by March 31, 2019 DO YOU WANT A BETTER FUTURE FOR OLDER ADULTS IN SK? YOUR INPUT IS CRUCIAL! Seniors Strategy Survey Saskatchewan does not have a seniors’ strategy, despite the fact that the percentage of the population 55...read more
Gray Matters Winter 2019 Published by Saskatchewan Seniors Mechanism Be sure to read the SSAI Newsletter on pages 28-31....read more
13th Annual SASKATCHEWAN SENIORS ASSOCIATION INC. PROVINCIAL BOWLING PLAYOFFS March 9 & 10, 2019 PROVINCIAL PLAYDOWNS at Minto Bowl in Prince Albert - http://www.mintobowl.com/ 5 PLAYER TEAM ENTRIES MIXED TEAMS MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1 OPPOSITE GENDER PLAYER ON EACH TEAM...read more
SSM ADVOCACY/MEMBER CONSULTATION – Nov. 14 & 15 Pat Trask & Mike Kaminski participated in the Advocacy workshop and member consultation workshop hosted by SSM at Wesley United church in Regina. The workshop consisted of presentations by three speakers in...read more
Gray Matters Fall 2018 Published by Saskatchewan Seniors Mechanism Be sure to read the SSAI Newsletter on pages 24-27....read more
The National Pensioners Federation held their 74th annual convention in Regina, Sept . 25 – 27 at the DoubleTree hotel.read more