Our primary goals and objectives
- Publicity and promotions.
- To provide an organized forum for all seniors.
- Housing and transportation resolutions.
- Offer leadership in programs and activities.
- Work with all levels of government to benefit seniors.
- Co-operate with organizations across Canada.
- Involved in discussions for Universal Medicare.
- Improved Pensions.
- Continuation of spouses allowance in the event of a death.
- Home care.
- Persuading government to establish district home care boards.
- Improvements to housing that is affordable and suitable.
- Foot program.
- Wellness health programs.
- Restore fully taxable income to fully account for inflation.
- Defeating multilateral agreement on investments.
- Affordable rates for room and board in Saskatchewan nursing homes.
- Promoting the twinning of more highways.
- Hold on raising rates on special care.
- Housing and reducing the education tax.
The Government of Canada is taking immediate, significant and decisive action to support Canadians and businesses facing hardship as a result of the global COVID-19 outbreak.
SSAI wishes to recognize the importance of reaching out to one another during this unprecedented time. It truly makes a difference. SSAI member Bob Walker is a shining example. News Article in the Regina Leaderpost - by Rob Vanstone: How a simple phone call rescued my...
Be sure to read the SSAI Newsletter on pages 24-27.
Dear SSAI members, I just wanted to follow up and send out some updates after our Executive/Directors meeting that was held by teleconference this morning. Our Annual Bowling Tournament in March was cancelled. All registration fees were refunded before the end of our...
Good morning all SSAI membersThere have been a few inquiries in regards to AGM'S and electing directors. All face to face meetings should be cancelled and all directors should remain in place until such time that meetings can be held.SSAI executives will try to set...
Be sure to read the SSAI Newsletter on pages 28-31.