Our primary goals and objectives
- Publicity and promotions.
- To provide an organized forum for all seniors.
- Housing and transportation resolutions.
- Offer leadership in programs and activities.
- Work with all levels of government to benefit seniors.
- Co-operate with organizations across Canada.
- Involved in discussions for Universal Medicare.
- Improved Pensions.
- Continuation of spouses allowance in the event of a death.
- Home care.
- Persuading government to establish district home care boards.
- Improvements to housing that is affordable and suitable.
- Foot program.
- Wellness health programs.
- Restore fully taxable income to fully account for inflation.
- Defeating multilateral agreement on investments.
- Affordable rates for room and board in Saskatchewan nursing homes.
- Promoting the twinning of more highways.
- Hold on raising rates on special care.
- Housing and reducing the education tax.
Hello everyone. We are thankful that 2020 is over, and it is time once again to start preparing for our Provincial Walkathon. I will be putting the packages for our 2021 Walkathon together very soon. Club participation last year was down substantially from 2019,...
SSAI RAFFLE Tickets $1 each - (only 3,000 tickets printed) Draw - Oct. 1, 2021 - International Day of the Older Person Great Raffle Prizes: Quilt – value $400 – Vicki Arcand 2. Football Jersey - Makowski – value $200 – SaskPower 3. SSAI Bowling Balls – value $150 –...
THE VOICE OF SENIORS IN RURAL SASKATCHEWAN Plan with Seniors, not for Seniors! Saskatchewan Seniors Association Executive President - Mike Kaminski 306 – 593 – 2222 1st Vice - Lylie Herman 306 – 528 – 2030 2nd Vice - Barb Johnson...
Be sure to read the SSAI Newsletter on pages 24-27.
Are you having difficulties getting out of your home? Are you missing activities due to COVID restrictions? Would you like to stay socially connected? Would you like to participate in creative activities? Then the Studio Without Walls is for you!Studio Without Walls a...
SSAI received financial support from Heritage Canada to host a Canada Day event on July 1, 2020. However, due to the public health order restrictions on public gatherings during the COVID pandemic, our original plans for this event were cancelled. We were granted an...