Our primary goals and objectives
- Publicity and promotions.
- To provide an organized forum for all seniors.
- Housing and transportation resolutions.
- Offer leadership in programs and activities.
- Work with all levels of government to benefit seniors.
- Co-operate with organizations across Canada.
- Involved in discussions for Universal Medicare.
- Improved Pensions.
- Continuation of spouses allowance in the event of a death.
- Home care.
- Persuading government to establish district home care boards.
- Improvements to housing that is affordable and suitable.
- Foot program.
- Wellness health programs.
- Restore fully taxable income to fully account for inflation.
- Defeating multilateral agreement on investments.
- Affordable rates for room and board in Saskatchewan nursing homes.
- Promoting the twinning of more highways.
- Hold on raising rates on special care.
- Housing and reducing the education tax.
SSAI RAFFLE Tickets $1 each - (only 3,000 tickets printed) Draw - Oct. 1, 2021 - International Day of the Older Person Great Raffle Prizes: Quilt – value $400 – Marlee Ritchie 2. Football Jersey - Makowski – value $200 – SaskPower 3. SSAI Bowling Balls – value $150 –...
SAVE THE DATE: October 13th and 14th, 2021- SSAI Convention - Heritage Inn Saskatoon We are planning to host an in-person event at the Heritage Inn Saskatoon with a wide range of speakers and presentations. Stay Tuned: More details coming at the end of August
Greetings Members and Affiliate Leadership, The new issue of the NPF Summer Newsletter is linked below and can also be found on the NPF website home page: https://nationalpensionersfederation.ca/ Thank you for your support! Trish McAuliffe President, National...
Walkathon Final Results 2021 Our provincial walkathon has ended for 2021. Due to Covid – 19 still being an issue in our lives the participation was still down a bit but we had 24 clubs participate this year. Let’s hope that next year we can be back to some kind of...
Be sure to read the SSAI Newsletter on pages 24-27.
The Saskatchewan Housing Benefit is a monthly benefit that helps eligible Saskatchewan renters with their shelter costs (rent and utilities). The Saskatchewan Housing Benefit is co-funded by the Government of Canada and the Government of Saskatchewan under the...
General Information The novel coronavirus primarily spreads via respiratory droplets from coughing and sneezing during close person-to-person contact. It also spreads by touching surfaces with the virus on it and then touching your mouth, nose or eyes before washing...
Canadian businesses, non-profit organizations, or charities who have seen a drop in revenue during the COVID-19 pandemic may be eligible for a subsidy to cover part of their commercial rent or property expenses, starting on September 27, 2020, until June 2021. This...
High utility bills can be stressful for lower-income households. And it can be costly to make energy efficient upgrades to your home. Let us help you with our new Energy Assistance Program. This program is funded in part by the Government of Canada. All SaskPower...
HEALTH INFORMATION - Phone 811 Common Questions and Answers About COVID-19 for Older Adults and People with Chronic Health Conditions...
MEMBERSHIP POLICY SSAI members are from throughout the province and represent specific seniors’ interests. A member organization is defined as: “An association of seniors which is non-discriminatory in relation to race, religion, sex, physical or mental abilities and...