SSAI Convention 2023
Convention will be held June 14th and 15th, 2023 at Heritage Inn Saskatoon.
Gray Matters Spring 2023
Gray Matters Winter 2023
Gray Matters Fall 2022
Walkathon Information for 2023 Hello everyone. It is time once again to start preparing for our Provincial Walkathon. I will be putting the packages for our 2023 Walkathon together very soon. Club participation last year was still down due to Covid 19 but was on...
Gray Matters Summer 2022
Cries of Ukraine
Shirley Koob and Eliza Doyle (with her banjo) Hello and thank you to the Saskatchewan Seniors Association for inviting me to attend the Music and Songwriting Workshop with Juno award winning artist, Eliza Doyle! I don't have a musical background and had never...
Walkathon Final Results 2022
Our provincial walkathon has ended for 2022. The number of clubs that participated this year is down again compared to last year. I hope we will see an increase in the clubs involved next year. I know that Covid-19 has really impacted many of our clubs but hopefully...
Gray Matters Spring 2022
SSAI Convention 2022
Convention was held June 8th and 9th, 2022 at Heritage Inn Saskatoon. Watch video recordings of the presentations.
Our primary goals and objectives
- Publicity and promotions.
- To provide an organized forum for all seniors.
- Housing and transportation resolutions.
- Offer leadership in programs and activities.
- Work with all levels of government to benefit seniors.
- Co-operate with organizations across Canada.
- Involved in discussions for Universal Medicare.
- Improved Pensions.
- Continuation of spouses allowance in the event of a death.
- Home care.
- Persuading government to establish district home care boards.
- Improvements to housing that is affordable and suitable.
- Foot program.
- Wellness health programs.
- Restore fully taxable income to fully account for inflation.
- Defeating multilateral agreement on investments.
- Affordable rates for room and board in Saskatchewan nursing homes.
- Promoting the twinning of more highways.
- Hold on raising rates on special care.
- Housing and reducing the education tax.